Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gallbladder surgery

Sunday night I was in extreme pain. This pain had been going on for about 8 days, and felt like my liver. I was told I had mono, and so thought my liver was just swollen. But the pain wouldn't go away, kept me up all night, and was no where near my spleen- which is usually what gets inflamed first and the worst in mono. So I called the on call dr. and he said to go to the ER. They did tests and an ultrasound and gave me morphine- which I had a reaction to so it wasn't really super helpful. We got there at 7:30pm and I got to my room to stay over in the hospital at 1:00am. I didn't sleep because I was nervous and dad had to go home so he could work in the morning. My boyfriend is in Idaho and so it was very scary and lonely. Luckily for valentines day he gave me a big pink stuffed puppy, so of course I slept clinging tightly to that. Then they did more blood tests, the surgeon cam and said I would have surgery and they were going to take out my gallbladder. I was in a lot of pain, but since I hadn't been eating because I might have surgery it was ok. When I would eat my gallbladder would freak out. So then mom and dad tried to make it in time for the surgery, which they kept moving up. BUt both my parents got there and it was very nice waiting to go in. The anesthesiologist was LDs so he was very nice and we chatted for a bit. Then I got nervous as they took me back and can't remember very much except being somewhat awake asking to make cupcakes and eating pot roast for dinner. But I kept falling asleep while eating so it wasn't very good. I don't know how or when I got back to my room, but my parents were there, and i just remember them laughing a lot. They told me I should call Shon, so I did but I fell asleep on the phone with him 3 times and I have no idea what I said. So I tried to call him later that night and did a little better but for some reason starting telling him all about taxes. His family came to visit and i got to see the new baby! I even got to hold him! So apparently I'm very funny on anesthesia, which is too bad that my parents didn't record any of it! Yesterday I did better, but was in a lot of weird pain. They let me go home so my friend Holly came to get me and brought her baby too, and he is so cute and handsome! Anyway they said my gallbladder was full of sludge which mean I had passed a stone and my gallbladder was failing to work properly and everything was all backed up. They didn't take any pictures or show me what it looked like which is too bad, but at least it's out!! I have a sweet bruise underneath my belly button in the shape of a Y which is perfect since I went to BYU!!! go cougars!! haha so it was quite an adventure! I will be missing school and work all this week, but it's nice to finally be home and on the mend!! the one sad thing is that i'm not allowed to eat dairy for a while, and if I'm ready to I can only have small amounts. boo! ice cream is my all time favorite food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment