Monday, July 27, 2015

Home made granola and Etsy shop!

Hi everyone!
 My Etsy shop is officially up and running!! Etsy.com/shop/MyPinkStilettos

I'm so excited, I've put on there the headbands I've made, the rick rack flower earrings, the hand knit embroidery floss earrings, the rick rack flower pendants, pen and ink art work, and princess tutus. There is so much more to come, but it's been exciting to have so many things online!

Another favorite of mine to make is granola!

I use: almonds, oats, pumpkin seeds, shelled sunflower seeds, agave nectar, butter, brown sugar, coconut, and chocolate chips.

My stomach has a hard time breaking down nuts, so I put all the nuts in my ninja mini chopper and get the seeds and nuts to small chunks. This also makes it easier for my kids to digest as well, and provides a lot of healthy fats and protein at the same time.

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop up any seeds or nuts, pour into large bowl.



2. Brown coconut in sauce pan using 1/4 cup butter, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.

3. Pour browned coconut into the large bowl.

4. Add about 2/3 cup agave nectar and mix ingredients. The granola mixture should be fully coated with the agave nectar, if you need to add more, do so about 1 tablespoon at a time.

5. Melt 1/4 cup butter and pour over mixture. Mix until everything is coated and sticky.

6. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and spread to a thin layer, reaching all the corners.
The top is done, the bottom one is how it looks when you first put it in the oven. ( I burnt the bottom one because I didn't use a small enough pan and fill it to the corners.)

7. Press any kind of chocolate chips into the granola on the pan. I use white and semi sweet chocolate, but butterscotch or peanut butter chips would taste great too.

8. Bake in the over until granola has turned to a dark golden brown. (About 15-20 min)


9. Let cool. Once completely cool, cut up into desired bar shapes and wrap in wax paper. Store in air tight container. These will go quickly so I've never had a problem worrying how long they will last ;)

We couldn't wait to cut them into bars ;)
Ingredients:
Oven 350 degrees
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
2 cups almonds
2 cups sunflower seeds
2 cups pumpkin seeds
3-4 cups oats
2/3 cups + extra as needed
1/2 cup butter
your choice chocolate chips

Back 15-20 minutes until dark golden brown

Enjoy!!! And don't forget to check out my new Etsy shop to see what beautiful creations I have made in the craft department!

No comments:

Post a Comment