Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter Pageant

My handsome man and I went to the Easter pageant Thursday night. we got there around 5:30 which was prime for excellent seating. we were about the 10th row back and on the aisle, which happened to be a HUGE necessity as I was about to throw up and actually tried with no success. ( I had eaten one of those just-put-the-cup-in-the-machine-and-it-makes-a-shake-for-you shake. bad idea) so after that uncomfortable two hours of keeping it down the show was about to start.
 
 and then.... the characters came out! It was so AWESOME!! There was this super cute little family with their little kids all dressed up like shepherds, except very wealthy shepherds with really nice head dresses. And lots of the other actors had REALLY nice outfits. I always assumed that the Jew's during Christ's time were poor because the scriptures talk about him helping the poor and the sick, but the pageant definitely reminded me that not all of them were poor, and that's why some of them had pride issues, because they were wealthy and didn't want to listen to a lowly carpenter from an outskirt city. So I learned something very amazing!
 
And there were live baby lambs and they were sooooooo cute, and smaller than Ruby! Probably because the Rubster is a huge tank and i over feed her  because I just love to hear her crunch her kibbles. off topic I know but you really should hear here, its soooo cute.
 
 
 
Anyway back to the point, the baby lambs were awesome. And probably the best thing happened to me about 30 minutes before the pageant started. The little old lady who was sitting next to me finally got back from dairy queen and was asking one of the chaperons, hmmm that;s not hte right word..... USHERS! yes, she was asking him how many church buildings were in the valley. I of course said there were at least a 1000 and he said 2-3 hundred, and I later learned that all my estimates are off because I only thought there were 1,500 people there and ken repeatedly told me until i looked it up that there were actually 15,000 people there. yes my estimates are way off.
 
But this sweet lady I discovered was not a member! How great is that?! and she came because her friend recommended it to her. So then I got to explain why the temple is so important and how families get sealed for time and all eternity so basically you are married even after you die. and I talked to her about her life and where she was from and her dairy farm she and her husband kept and gardening and what we are going to plant and what her favorite thing to plant it. it was so special for me to talk with her. she had such great experiences and was so excited to see the pageant.
After the pageant it was so wonderful tpohear what she thought and she said she knew all her bible stories and it was so wonderful to see it all put together. Hopefully she is happy back in her home state of Iowa and will always remember the wonderful time she had at the Mormon Easter pageant and the wonderful spirit she felt there!
 
The costumes for the 10 virgins were amazing, and the dancing was just wonderful. My favorites were when Mary had just had the baby and she was dancing. Obviously the woman playing her had not just had a baby because no one after labor can even pop up and get to the bathroom at their normal pace, let alone dance. but it was soooo wonderful and I felt hte spirit so strongly. The other part that was my favorite was the song Mary Magdalene sang when she saw the risen Christ. it was so beautiful! and then the whole entire cast came out and sang for the finale. It was still so spiritually moving and amazing, that I think it was perfect.
The Easter Pageant still has another week, so if you would like to go, I highly recommend it!


I was too nervous to ask this roman soldier to turn and pose :)


1 comment:

  1. AWH! CUTIES! :) Do you have to get tickets? Would you go again?

    ReplyDelete