Saturday, March 23, 2013

Homemade Chocolate

This was a HUGE hit with everyone at church. I made them for my young womens class, mostly because I love chocolate and I had to give them away or I'd become a fatty. THis amazing lady named Eileen took lots of time with me when I was in high school to teach me how to host parties, bake delicious goodies, cook amazing food, and most importantly make chocolate. I can't seem to get ahold of her so I had to make do with this recipe I found online, but they turned out wicked sweet. I'm going to call Mrs Eileen and sell my left arm if that's what it takes to get her recipe, but for now here you go-

Chocolate filling-
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsps softened butter
2 tsp extract (I broke up the batch then put in the extract and some food coloring)
2 tbsps cream ( I used half and half)

Mix ingredients together. roll in powdered sugar to make a log, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill.
Then you take out the logs and pull pieces apart and roll them to the shape and size you want, I'm way far from a perfectionist when it comes to making food look pretty, so here are mine. Then pop back in the fridge so they firm up for dipping!

I melted 2 bags of ghiradelli dark chocolate chips and 1 bad milk chocolate chips. I used a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water. the water should not touch the base of the bowl or you could burn the chocolate.


Then I dipped, popped them back in the fridge for 10 minutes and they were ready to go! I made butter-rum, lemon and orange

No picture of the finished product because they were all eaten up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment