Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A few things I made

I made some delicious pizza and a t shirt quilt. There will be no tutorial on how to make it because I hate t shirt quilts but ken wanted one really bad. We have so many quilts from our moms that our house is filled to the brim of quilts so I decided that I should make a small one since we probably won't use it until our baby comes (hopefully soon).


It's double sided to get all of his shirts in without being so huge! Perfect for a baby! I actually got everything all lined up perfectly! Then I did an all around stitch to finish the quilt, and I don't have a walking foot so my regular foot on the machine pulled the fabric in one direction, and then the bottom seam is a little wonky. But as I suspected I gave it to ken, he loved it for about 2 seconds, and now it's folded up on a stack of all our other quilts.

Don't get me wrong, we are very blessed to have all these quilts and if an emergency ever happened, we will have everyone on the block taking care of! Also, I really love our quilt collection, it's all full of love from both our moms! so We are pretty lucky, but I'm not a fan of quilting. I like projects that can be done in one day. Like the slip I'm making to peek out below my dresses to keep them from hiking up and being immodest.


So I learned from trial and error that you can make pizzas on tortillas!! You can make taco pizzas by putting a "sauce" layer of re fried beans. Then you put on beans and meat and salsa and whatever you want, then put a layer of cheese! Pop it in the oven on 350 for 10 minutes. The "crust" gets crispy and it's amazing!!

Also you can make real pizza. You just put the pizza or Alfredo sauce on the tortilla, then toppings like a normal pizza then CHEESE!!! again in a 350 oven for 10 minutes. Amazing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment